This website is for those of you interested in the management and conservation of Arizona's fish and wildlife. The information here will clearly illustrate the crucial importance of outdoor enthusiasts upon conservation efforts in our state.
The North American Wildlife Conservation Model:
Regardless of whether one chooses to actively participate in hunting or angling, people interested in wildlife and its future should understand the conservation role sportsmen play.
Hunting and angling are the cornerstones of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation. These activities continue to be the primary source of funding for conservation efforts in North America. Through self-imposed excise tax on hunting, angling and shooting sports equipment, hunters and anglers have generated more than $10 billion toward wildlife conservation since 1939.
This model and Shane Mahoney's 7 Sisters of Conservation (available for your review in our 'Facts' section) were adapted and refined to create...
Arizona's 7 Core Concepts of Conservation:
- Wildlife is Held in the Public Trust
- Regulated Commerce in Wildlife
- Hunting and Angling Laws are Created Through Public Process
- Hunting and Angling Opportunity for All
- Hunters and Anglers Fund Conservation
- Wildlife is an International Resource
- Science is the Basis for Wildlife Policy